All content concerned with the quality of participation process and results.
Following previous research (Beierle & Cayford 2002; Chess & Purcell 1999; Rowe & Frewer 2004), this criterion of quality can be distinguished further by applying it to the result and to the process of online participation.
- Does the result solve the intended problem?
- Is the result a solution that improves the situation?
- Is the result satisfactory to the participants?
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Quality"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Baccaro et al. (2016) - Small Differences that Matter: The Impact of Discussion Modalities on Deliberative Outcomes
- Barreto and Ellemers (2002) - The Impact of Anonymity and Group Identification on Progroup Behavior in Computer-Mediated Groups
- Beierle and Cayford (2002) - Democracy in Practice. Public Participation in Environmental Decisions
- Bevan (1995) - Measuring usability as quality of use